We are looking for a smart and ambitious finance assistant who enjoys working in a team.
This role will support with transactional processing of our accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, and with reconciling the bank statements.
You may be a recent graduate looking to develop a career in finance or someone with a year or two of experience in an accounts team.
- Your key success is ensuring the bank reconciliations are maintained on a daily basis and transactions are reconciled accurately.
- At month end, all bank statements would be fully reconciled by the 2nd working day.
- From a sales perspective: all invoices would be imported into Xero on a timely basis and reconciled accurately.
- On the purchasing side of things: Invoices and receipts are coded to the correct entity and accounting code and receipts are obtained from the appropriate team member on a timely basis.
- Use Receipt Bank to correctly code and input accounts payable invoices into Xero across each entity
- Import Accounts Receivable invoices into Xero across each entity
- Reconcile batch payments received through Stripe and GoCardless to our sales invoices
- Perform bank reconciliations on a daily basis
- Answer ad-hoc supplier queries
SKILLS, TRAITS AND COMPETENCIES:
- You have a completed degree with at least a 2:1 honours, probably in a relevant subject (Finance & Accounting)
- You are a team player
- You have an eye for detail and enjoy solving problems
- You have capacity to be a self-starter and make things happen
- You have great communication and organisational skills
- £18-20k per annum (dependent on level of experience)