Our people are key to the success of our business and at the heart of our culture. We have grown an amazing, diverse team of 40, passionate to achieve our mission.
Keeping our members happy is central to our mission. Likewise, we want to ensure our team love their work and are motivated to do the best work of their lives.
We know that the next phase of growth is critical to get right. As we grow as a business, we want to ensure Work.Life continues to be the place for passionate and ambitious talent and remaining true to our core values.
The Head of People role will be instrumental in developing scalable processes, from onboarding to performance through to learning and development. To help build, develop and empower our teams through the growth required to solidify our position as the UK’s favourite workspace provider.
Your day to day
- You’ll lead the end-to-end recruitment lifecycle and support Hiring Managers to ensure consistent and effective recruitment across teams
- You’ll create clear audit-files of employee data (we currently use CharlieHR)
- You’ll run our salary review process with support of Line Managers
- You’ll maintain and improve a seamless and exciting onboarding process for new joiners
- You’ll implement initiatives using data from our employee engagement survey results
- You’ll be responsible for the implantation of benefits to include health, pension, charity initiatives (with the support of the internal Charity Committee)
- You’ll work partnership with the management team to establish skill gaps and develop effective training solutions and initiatives, mentoring and succession planning across the business
- You’ll do research, scope, recommend and implement people strategies and initiatives that will complement the evolving needs of the business, including productivity and communications
- You will need to own the hiring process and people initiatives end to end
- You will be strategic, but you will also not be afraid to get stuck in in all areas of recruitment and engagement. This is a broad role. You’re ready to hit the ground running!
- You have the ability to sell the vision to the best candidate and tell a compelling story. Also, the ability to partner effectively and be the driving force behind internal initiatives
- People need to be at the forefront of whatever you do. You have high energy and a passion for understanding what makes people tick and how to get the most out of them
- You’re highly strategic and architect a long-term recruitment and people strategy
- You’ll be naturally curious; you will have a real desire to understand people and their talent
- You love building teams, developing and coaching others and be confident challenging the status quo
- To be CIPD qualified (ideally)
- At least 7 years’ experience in a HR/People functions in a hand-on high growth environment
- Experience building and implementing HR processes at scale
- Proven track record of implementing and leading a performance-based culture & providing training and support to line managers
- An analytical mindset, and a talented communicator, as well as approachable and empathetic
- Experience working across multiple teams
Why you’ll love Work.Life
- Salary depending on experience
- 25 days holiday (excl. Bank Holidays)
- £75/month towards your mental & physical wellbeing
- £25/month Team Joy to be spent with your team
- Personal development & training opportunities
- One charity day a quarter
- Quarterly team socials
- Free yoga & exclusive access to events
- Beer & pizza nights on Thursdays
- Discounts with brilliant local businesses
- WL Book Club
Ready to join the Work.Life way? We’re excited to hear from you.