At Work.Life, our mission is to make teams happier. That’s why we build intelligently designed, purposefully small work spaces where our people feel valued, supported and inspired to perform at their best.
Over the past four years we’ve opened eight shiny, new locations, welcomed over 3000 members to our spaces and grown our team to 40 great humans.
But the fun’s not over yet, and to keep our members’ happiness and engagement at the forefront of what we do, it’s important we find our own team’s best work-selves.
We do that by offering a supportive working environment, plenty of training and development opportunities, competitive salary, monthly wellness package, Team Joy, quarterly socials and more, so you can work happier.
We are looking for a smart and lively person who enjoys working in a team to take care of the transactional processing of our accounts payable and accounts receivable functions and reconciling the bank statements. You may be a recent graduate or someone with a year of experience in an accounts team.
The purpose of this role will be to support the Finance team, in ensuring that purchase transactions and sales transactions are captured accurately and information flows through the company on a timely basis to help facilitate decision making and ensuring we meet internal and external reporting requirements.
Your day to day
- Using our automated software, receive and process purchase invoices from suppliers, and internal expense claims and purchase orders ensuring appropriate approvals are obtained in accordance with our internal authorisation matrix.
- Deal with internal and external queries regarding invoices and payments and support on the weekly credit control.
- Import Sales invoices from our booking software to Xero, ensuring completeness and accuracy of data on a timely basis
- Import bank transactions via our payment providers, credit cards and bank statements and prepare and process daily bank reconciliations.
- Provide the team with weekly cash flow reporting.
Month end & Ad Hoc Reporting
- Support the team at month end on accruals, prepayments and other balance sheet reconciliations and reporting during the month.
- You’ll have 1-year experience in a similar role
- You’ll have a bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- You’ll be a proactive and positive team player who enjoys working collaboratively
- You’ll have an eye for detail and enjoy solving problems
- You’ll be a self-starter and be able to use your own initiative
- You’ll be a good communicator and have excellent organisational skills
- We’d love it if you have used Xero before, but it isn’t essential
Why you’ll love Work.Life
- Salary depending on experience
- Amazing ‘HQ’ in Soho, where you’ll mainly be based
- 25 days holiday (excl. Bank Holidays) plus 1 day for each year you’re a Work.Lifer, up to 30 days
- £75/month towards your mental & physical wellbeing
- £25/month Team Joy to be spent with your team
- Flexible / WFH Policy
- Personal development & training opportunities
- 4 paid charity days per year
- Pension contribution
- 5pm finish on a Friday
- Quarterly team socials – when we can get together again!
- Free (virtual) yoga
- Discounts with brilliant local businesses
Ready to join the Work.Life way? We’re excited to hear from you.