At Work.Life, our mission is to make teams happier. That’s why we build intelligently designed, purposefully small work spaces where our people feel valued, supported and inspired to perform at their best.
Over the past four years we’ve opened eight shiny, new locations, welcomed over 3000 members to our spaces and grown our team to 40 great humans.
But the fun’s not over yet, and to keep our members’ happiness and engagement at the forefront of what we do, it’s important we find our own team’s best work-selves.
We do that by offering a supportive working environment, plenty of training and development opportunities, competitive salary, monthly wellness package, Team Joy, quarterly socials and more, so you can work happier.
We’re looking for a Facilities Assistant to join our growing facilities team; you’ll be super organised, have a positive can-do attitude, that has had previous experience managing suppliers in a similar type of role. Your role will be to work closely with the facilities team and be responsible for supporting with the effective management of the facilities service for all Work.Life spaces.
Your day to day
- To manage the Facilities and IT tickets, responding to all requests and process within the required SLA
- Manage excellent relationships with Membership Managers and Membership Assistants, contractors and landlords
- To maintain a positive and professional appearance at all times ensuring a high level of customer service
- Work closely with the Facilities team to ensure a consistent level of service across all spaces
- To monitor the Facilities and IT contractors ensuring performance targets are met and all works are carried out effectively, efficiently and in a safe manner
- Support the Facilities Manager in ensuring that health & safety, emergency procedures and safe working practices are enforced and conform to current legislation. In the absence of the Facilities Manager to take control of any emergency situations and execute evacuation plans.
- To manage and deliver small member works and projects
- Identify areas of improvement in delivery of the services, processes and implement change as required
- Assist the Facilities Manager in accumulating and preparing documents for the tender process
- To record all office expenditure, raise purchase orders and maintain the budget with the assistance of the Facilities Manager
- To ensure safe working practices through Health and Safety standards
- To ensure policies, procedures and levels of service are consistent across the Work.Life estate
- To be flexible with the changing requirements of Work.Life
- To carry out other duties or responsibilities that may be assigned by your line manager
- You’ll have strong administration skills, and have some IT knowledge
- You’re a very strong communicator and enjoy multi-tasking and using your initiative
- You have proven experience in managing suppliers in a similar type of role
- You have the ability to react quickly and decisively when faced with a problem or issue
- You’ll have a positive can-do attitude and demonstrational experience of going the extra mile
- You’ll be a strong team player who is flexible and adaptable
- You’ll have an understanding of Health & Safety in the workplace
- When necessary you’ll be able to work out of hours to support service delivery needs
Where you’ll be working
You will base yourself at one of our London space. The role will also involve travel across our London, Reading and Manchester spaces and further afield as the business grows.
Why you’ll love Work.Life
- Salary depending on experience
- 25 days holiday (excl. Bank Holidays)
- £75/month towards your mental & physical wellbeing
- £25/month Team Joy to be spent with your team
- Personal development & training opportunities
- One charity day a quarter
- Quarterly team socials
- Free yoga & exclusive access to events
- Beer & pizza nights on Thursdays
- Discounts with brilliant local businesses
- WL Book Club and much more…
Ready to join the Work.Life way? We’re excited to hear from you.